Date: January 9th, 2009
Special Guest(s): Michael Grimm
Quote of the week: “Do you literally have no imagination at all? Then the Wii Remote’s knife, gun and tennis racket attachments are for you.”
Intro: The Sarah Silverman Program
Closing Words: Mikel Reparaz: "Manhog."
Closing Song: DJ Kioke mix of 16 bit Genocide
- Top 7 Drunks in Gaming
- Electronic Gaming Monthly closes
- Retro Game Challenge
- Things gamers don't actually care about
- Wii Sports is the best-selling game of all time
- Sonic rant by Jpeg and revealed that Sonic Unleashed had long werewolf stretchy arms 1 year before it was released.
- Due to the closing of 1Up and EGM, Chris Antista got really drunk off of Bud Light.
- All of the hosts are victim to 8-bit advertising.
- Brett Elston accurate recalls what games he got on SNES for Christmas in 1992.
- Morning Radio DJ voice used.
- [1:11:25-1:13:30] $5 footlongs
- [1:17:30-1:17:50] Jameson Wiskey
- [2:05:10-2:05:40] 30 GB Creative Zen Digital Media Player
- [2:11:29-2:11:40] GameTech and other promoting other products
- [2:13:05-2:13:20] More DJ radio voice
- Brett Elston's cat's name is Tetra.
- Chris Antista posted the first 4 numbers of Paul Ryan's cellphone: 5107.
- Chris Antista's Street Fighter rap, "Ballistic: Ken vs Ryu" aired [0:36:00].
- Chris Antista's roomate/friend that works for Nielsen discovers that old people want the Wii to have one cord, and you put in on a cart to wheel around
Funny Stories and Quotes:
- Chris Antista
- On the Top 7: "The Top 7 is our anal flair."
- My action figures, they crammed in a box, stomped on it, and dropped a Wily Coyote boulder on it.
- Yes I want Blues Brothers, that shit's gonna be bad!
- I'm pinching the tip of my dick.
- I will never forgive William Randolph Hearst. Have fun liking that rosebud shithead.
- Our tent boner feature of the week.
- On Vlad being the first person you're required to kill in Grand Theft Auto IV: "Vlad is the final boss of pacifism."
- On Digg users complaining on the page-count of Top 7's: "Man, you're really going to hate books."
- Said Paul Ryan is the cutest editor at GamesRadar.
- Mike and Brett did a 3 Stooges in the vagina and got stuck in the middle.
- Jesus Christ shut up.
- If I got a 35 on a test I don't want to be associated with a person who got 3. I want to be in a higher dumber score.
- My parents for years had a blanket policy that they didn't want me to play games and that worked out perfectly.
- In Radio DJ voice: "TalkRadar is brought to you by alcoholism!"
- You win at being poor.
- Whatever bitch suck my rock salt.
- Brett does sit funny with a Capcom dick in his ass. (This statement was confirmed in the summer of 2011 when Brett joined Capcom.)
- It's like Ray Bradbury doing the Super Mario Party novelization.
- I bought a Halo map pack.
- Brett "NERD!"
- On the smoothness of Jameson Whiskey: "Oh God, it feels like an angel just sat on my face."
- Talked to some girl in Spanish class. Flirted a lot. Got the girl to sleep in his bed. Made the move. She asked: "What are you doing?" Chris: "You didn't want a piece of this? This? My pants are off, you're in my bed."
- "I'm not rapist. I had to settle with making out for 3 minutes, and slept with a gigantic erection."
- Mikel Reparaz
- "I fucking hate TalkRadar."
- Can you hook up a unicorn to a PC?
- "I will rape you." [1:36:57]
- "That's what it fucking says!" [2:27:48]
- "UGO. They will know who fucked 1Up in the ass." [2:48:32]
- I thought the purpose of the donkey punch was a punch in the back of the head.
- A fuckaround.
- Brett Elston
- Ritalin Story
- Cottage cheese flying out the ass.
- Blast Corps, serious business.
- Nothing dates you old like I have all the Transformers and GI Joes.
- Can we not make a saturated 90's reference?
- Digg Users "It's like all they want is a 2 page magazine.
- Michael Grimm
- Honda Si gets 34 miles per gallon.
- What about Casablanca HD Remix?
Question of the Week: What's the sickest you've been and still played games?
- Chris Antista: Mega Man Legends. Borrowed Adderall. Played 16 hours for 2 days, sweating profusely and not wearing any clothes, on a futon. "rivershorts."
- Brett Elston: PowerPad and Chrono Trigger.
- Michael Grimm: Gran Turismo 2.
- Mikel Reparaz: Fallout 3 (shitting and vomiting the whole time).
Link: Episode 33