Date: November 24, 2010
Special Guest(s): none
Closing Words: Brett: "That'll take us out, and we'll be back next week."
Closing Song: Donkey Kong Country credits song
Secret SFX: Donkey Kong, Mario death
- The Top 7... Geek Movies That Should Never Become Games
- Behind the Scenes: Bungie's New Headquaters
- Donkey Kong Country Returns Review
- Golden Sun: Dark Dawn Review
- Chris is absent from the podcast
- Brett hosts the episode
- Carolyn's debut TalkRadar episode
- During the phone call segment, a female listener calls in, proving that at least one woman listens to the podcast. She talks a lot about being stranded in Canada and "attempting to get laid". (40:07)
Funny Stories and Quotes:
- (35:13)"Ah... I really want to see Keeping up with the Cardassians"...
- (24:54) He's a cop sort-of-close to the edge... He might fall off if we're not careful...If somebody, like, ran up and gave him a shove, he might get close to the edge.
- (26:48) It's a twist; because if they don't shed pounds, they have to live in a shed!
- (40:42) God, how many, how many of our listeners are now gonna go like, "Uhh, if you lookin' ta get laid..."
- What's your favorite article you wrote? That's like asking what's your favorite school assignment.
- (42:00) Hmm... Had the word nude in it...
- (44:08) London was literally just calling.
- He's a canon with loose bolts.
- (28:34) Just imagine a giant tool shed in a bridal gown.
- (51:40) [when answering what the hardest part of his job is]...Chris' dick.
- Mikel "You should be."
- (58:33) Charlie, we are, we are movie enemies...
- There's no need to hit a pinata.
- Brett "Even though their pinatas."
Question of the Week: Question 129: What's Your Favorite Thanksgiving Gaming Memory?
- Brett: The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
- Mikel: also The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time; Thanksgiving 2005, he played the Xbox 360 for the first time, was playing King Kong on a projector with his extended family.
- Tyler: doesn't remember
- Charlie: spent a lot of Thanksgivings in tents in the mountains, and says it was too cold for portable games, so he doesn't have one.
- Carolyn: didn't answer
Link: Episode 129