Date: May 21st, 2010
Special Guest(s): None
Intro: The Good the Bad and the Ugly.
Closing Words: Brett Elston "Take us out."
Closing Song: Wild Arms - Intro
- Top 7 Weirdest Westerns
- Read Dead Redemption
- Split Second
- Prince of Persia Forgotten Sands
- Alan Wake
- First sketch King and the Architect [1:22:30-1:28:50]
- Chris Antista
- King Arthur is not real and you (yes you) are continuing medieval propaganda.
- also revealed Montgomery Ward created Rudolph the Rednosed Reindeer
- Coincidentally, both Mikel Reparaz and Nathan Irvine use a permutation of the phrase "Throw stuff at the wall and see what sticks" in the podcast this week. [TR #102, 30:19 ; TRUK #39, 20:51]
- Darkwatch's Tala and Playboy's Video Game Vixens were first mentioned in TR #11.
- Chris Antista #63 Said gymnastics crying about Mario Bros, but in #63 said it was baseball/ summer camp
- Spiderman Genesis and sister said, Altered Beast, when previously said it was Trampoline Terror.
- Mikel Reparaz: Top 7 for Abe's Oddworld, was a callback to QOTW most touching moment in a game
Funny Stories and Quotes:
- Chris Antista
- "It'll fly off the shelves like sliced tits." [14:05-14:07]
- "All I care about is drinking, vaginas, and games.
- I wish there was a cock in here.
- Play the farts all you want, it's not as glamorous as you think. I'm in incredible debt, I'm extremely tired and my girlfriend wants to divorce me even though I'm not married.
- ESRB you fucking idiots.
- We have told you how to save thousands on game deals.
- Mikel "In pennies."
- Mikel Reparaz
- "You fucks got internships."
- You forgot the part of the URL that says fuck you.
- Prince of Persia Forgotten Sands. They could not have picked a better title for this weeks release.
- Brett Elston
- Apparently my history class is rated M.
- Henry Gilbert
- We should be paid by Amazon.
- Chris "Well some of us are."
- "I don't do outdoor games since I'm not an outdoor person."
- (Mikel Reparaz) "Really...?"
Question of the Week 85: What non videogame made you rage quit?
- Chris Antista- Quit sports for videogames.
- Henry Gilbert- Risk
- Brett Elston- Risk
- Mikel Reparaz- Basketball and Chess. Realized his father taught him wrong.
Other Questions from Hotline:
Stories of disillusionment of a games journalist? (flapslapper via hotline)
- Brett Elston- Couldn't write a videogame column on a newspaper. Likewise at ABC. Took 6 years.
- Henry Gilbert- First internship interview in Jan 2007, got an actual internship at GamesRadar unpaid in Feb of 2008. Unpaid for 9 months.
- Chris Antista- Freelanced for a year.
- Mikel Reparaz- Wrote in a newspaper column for free. No pay, only perk was free games. No feedback. Sending shit loads of resumes to videogame publications.
- Lesson learned Write right now.
Link: Episode 102